Tuesday, March 31, 2009

French update #8

I am soooo sad!
Tonight was so hard saying goodbye to everyone =( but I will get to tha at the end of this entry.
Which by the way, this is my last entry until I am home in Seattle, bc no internet in the Hostel =(

The day started with a slideshow of ugly snapshots of each person, and my only picture (solo) looked so gross! haha. It was not too big of a problem since I was given so many compliments on my eye makeup today =) I love doing eye makeup! I plan to buy new shadows in Paris! But after the slideshow, we all found out that we did not have plans for the day anymore, since the castle number 4 plan did not work out. Therefor, we were given a 6 hour shopping day!!!!! I know, it's hard to believe! So we decided to go to a new shopping mall as small groups. It was pretty nice, and I got an adorable white and cream argyle sweater, that is sooooo cute. But that is all I bought, since I am trying to save up for a little spending in Paris.
We started to get hungry, so we all sat down in a cute little pizzeria. It was definitely no Pagliacci, but it was authentic, so what can you say? =)
Besides, it was FREE!! I love when people like to buy me things! haha

Our group wandered around the mall for quite a while, before we decided to hop on a tram to one of the previous castles. On the tram, there are usually little kids who beg for money in their designer jeans.. so I decided that I was sick of people asking me for money. Once one of them walked up to me with his hands out, and put my arm up and started begging HIM for money. I put my open palm in his face, and he rolled his eyes and started getting mad in French. HAHA.

Enjoying the scenery, and in the spirit of Europe, we HAD to grab some gelato! Ceffé for me of course, and Adrienne has rasberry, Collrane had lemon, and Schuyler had mango, which was DELICIOUS by the way. As we were sitting down enjoying France, we noticed a small group of people speaking english, so we asked where they were coming from. We then found out they were pro actors, in France for a play that we were invited to! We got our pictures taken with hem, but later refused the offer to see the play, in order to enjoy a final dinner/ night with my host family.

Before going home, all of the students being hosted, and hosting had a tea party at the high school, which by the way I found out it was a catholic school, so now I can say I went to catholic school! haha. It was pretty fun, but too gross. The group I was xhatting with was making Emily and I do nothing but gag to the thoughts of the nasty tea talk..about puss and nastyness....gross. lol

But once we were home, I enjoyed my first official nap in Nantes. We have had so much family time, which was great, but I was soooo tired. After my half hour power nap, dinner was already on the table waiting to be eaten. Tonight was a fun dinner!
étienne snuck his camera to the table, and snapped pictures of us at our worst times! haha. It was so much fun being able to laugh so hard at the dinner table.
After dinner, Adrienne and I were packing; when all of the sudden érienne popps his head in the door, and drops a manila envelope onto my bed. When I opened it, I smiled SO BIG! He wrote a letter all in english! haha and it was so nice, and I will definitely keep it with other memorabilia from this trip. Also in the envelope, were pictures from the dinner table, and an apology for the poor camera quality! It was so cute!
So I grabbed my camera, and set it up on a timer, and took a few pictures with zaza and étienne =) I hated saying goodbye to zaza bc I will miss her soooo much, but at least she will be able to come visit me in seattle and stay for a couple weeks in October! =D But it was funnier trying to say goodye to étienne since he does not believe in giving hugs, and as americans, it is TRADITION to hug, so we waited for about 20 minutes until he finally gave in =)

I wrote each one of them a nice letter, and left pictures of me, my family, and the prom picture they adored for them to keep so they do not forget my lovely lil face. haha. Tomorrow will truely be a sad day, having to say bye to such a perfect family. =(
I really enjoy it here, and there isn't much about home in Seattle that I enjoy or really lis now. Obviously I miss a couple things.. =) but I can also honestly say I want to live here, and if there were a couple people with me, I would find no reason to ever go back.

Au Revoir Nantes! Now I will be off to aris, to stay in one of the biggest "hot spots" in the world! Not to mention, ONE BLOCK AWAY from the Moulin Rouge!!! Expect pictures for sure.
It was a pleasure blogging, and I will bring lotts of huggs and kisses when I return =)

xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment