Friday, March 27, 2009

France update #4

Relaxing: the key word of the day. No harm in that!
I decided to stay home from school, the museum, and the talonsac market. I slept in just a little bit, then Bénédicte (the host mom) took me to the doctor in Nantes. It was an intteresting experience. I sat in the waiting room looking through fashion magazines as usual when I noticed the French taste of fashion; nudity. And often, at that. I am still getting used to seeing vag on billboards!
Once being called into his office, he gave me a check up but it was comlicated at first bc here, they use much different instruments from Americans. In the end, he prescribed me not one, not two, but FOUR medecations! He assured me that by tomorrow morning, I should be fully healed. Let's wait and see!

I returned home alone; bc Bénédicte had to work. Well the maid was there, so not entierly alone. I stayed in bed, had a nice gmail chat with Ethan, made a white fish fillet, and rested some more.
Once I woke up, I decided it was about time for another Death Note dosage! I decided to watch the first live action movie. =)
Once that was finished, I was browsing sites and found out that there will be the unwritten 3rd movie out to theaters in America for two nights only! April 29th, and 30th!!!! Not to mention, there are only 400 theaters showing the film, and my top choice theater is showing both of them! I don't know about any of you, but I sure am going! This movie will be all about L, and his last 23 days of living.
Perhaps in a fez I will start the second movie.

Isabelle is off at a pizzaria with her class, and the parents are both working late tonight, so it doesn't look like there will be a big dinner. Maybe I will have a bowl of Special K red berries for dinner to feel at home =)
My home sickness has gone severely down since yesterday. I was able to talk to my loved ones though. I kind of think everyone at home is actually enjoying the alone time now. Not necessarily in a bad way, but I think the guys are happy to have some free time from hanging out. My dad probably likes having the house to himself, and I bet Ethan is taking advantage of this, not having to give up his two free days to see me. Men need their time, as we women need ours, am I right? =)

I talked to Bénédicte about a tattoo, and she was really on board!! =D she told me she might come with me tomorrow to check out the place and make sure they are steril! I really love the family I am staying with. Hopefully when I get home to Seattle; I could send a personalized thank you gift basket with things I've learned they love from America =)

Alors..I am going to get back to my french soap opera! hehe

Huggissies!!! xo

3 comments:

  1. Once again, I'm glad everything is going so well :) But I would much rather not be having the two extra days without you :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. awa babt try and enjoy your man time!!!!
    hang out with gavin! =) especially when i am in paris with no internet for blogging or email ! =( but gavin invited us to dinner at his place once i get back and we can all catch up! =D i really want to bc i miss gavin a lot. i miss when we were all friends and had the FUNNEST time ever

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will :) Oh cool! Well I'm excited for that! :D Yeah, that was definitely much funner :)

    ReplyDelete