Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Yoga Diary pt. 2

So today is my second day of yoga training.
My old gym teacher Mr. Foster always made us work out our abs one day, then legs/arms the next. He continued this routine, and told me it is not smart to work the same muscles day by day.
So I decided to try to focus my yoga workout on my abdominal core today.
I worked to this pose shown below:



I overslept a couple of hours once I got home today from the senior luncheon. =|
I hate napping for more than 2 hours at all. I feel like my day has been wasted. Even though it wasn't bad today since school was technically out at 11:35 for seniors.
The luncheon unfortunately was LAME. it was too hectic in order to stand in line for 30 minutes in order to get ONE hot dog. Everything was out. Luckily I live almost next door to Lincoln Park so I was able to go home and eat.

Once I woke up from my too long of a nap, I decided to attend to my new yoga habits.
This lead me to realize that my muscles have contracted majorly while I was sleeping. Is this normal?? Feel free to let me know!
But I found myself to be more UNflexible than my first day!
I stretched for a while, then I moved up to the poses and held each for a 30 second time period. I continued this sequence for 3 reps of a 30 second statue.

It has been two days and each time I finish my workout, I am SO relaxed!

if you would like to start a yoga journey with me, or if you are an experienced yoga master looking for a workout buddy, give me a call!

=]

No comments:

Post a Comment